Yes, the Indy fans are all gearing up, and as card carrying members (I used to have a card, I swear…), we are also making preparations. Around Beemsville, this may well include:
- Playing the Indy Lego Adventures game
- Dusting off the old bullwhip–for various recreational activities
- Watching the first three movies during the week leading up to the Crystal Skull release
- Avoiding spoilers (seriously, so don’t send or post any)
- Re-enacting various favorite scenes with the kids
Meanwhile, George Lucas, a little wiser and probably still smarting over various reactions to the Star Wars prequels, has begun the bet-hedging campaign in true election-year-spin-a-rific fashion: “It’s just a movie“. But, he also adds, “It was a blast to make…” and “I like to watch it.”
Well, okay. Don’t go overboard, there, George. But it’s kind of more than just a movie as you well know, so we all hope you were on your A-game.