With five days in Los Angeles under my belt, I thought I’d post a few stray thoughts and reactions to the big bright city. I’m not here as a tourist, so I haven’t seen nearly as much as say, you’re average vacationer, but still…
(photo of Santa Monica Beach at sunset from the phone)
- The lack of humidity is awesome.
- The cool kids have big sunglasses.
- UCLA has to have the most beautiful campus among big U.S. Universities.
- You hear about the urban sprawl and how spread out everything is, but it’s hard to appreciate it until you have to drive somewhere.
- Barring unforeseen financial windfalls, we couldn’t afford to live here (unless we moved to Compton)
- Compton ain’t all that bad — at least from the main drag in the car. Maybe it was twenty years ago when Eazy and Dre were making their names but… South Chicago is much, much scarier.
- These people have officially been hoodwinked by the whole ‘organic’ thing.
- I can see why so many rich folks live here.
I’m looking forward to a weekend to do some more exploring. Stay tuned…