This is how it goes sometimes. Starting last Friday, our crew attended or participated in:
- Friday: US Soccer World Cup Qualifier in St. Louis (USA 6, St. Vincent and the Grenadines 1)
- Saturday: Illinois Football v. Ohio State in Champaign, with cousins, sister, mom, and Friends (OSU 27, Illini-3)
- Sunday: Illinois Basketball v. North Dakota State with the boy (Illini 80-, NDSU-74; nice comeback in the 2nd half). And also basketball practice for the boy.
- Monday: Iles Basketball for both kids (girls tied; boys won).
- Tuesday: Iles Basketball for Sophie (win)
- Wednesday: Gym Basketball for Bruce (loss)
- Thursday: Iles Basketball practice
Seven days – and for good measure we’ll throw in a 12-18 hour stomach bug that had both kids hurting, though they each recovered in time for their events. By yesterday, I just wanted to sit on the couch. I enjoyed every one of these events, but I’m not a person who recharges around people. Needed some quiet time. Which is a good thing, because I believe we have something four of the next five days leading up to Thanksgiving…
So, yeah, we’ll get to some books, TV, and other stuff here directly.